Saturday, October 7, 2017
9:30 am to approximately 6:00 pm
This fundraiser for our nonprofit organization may take you all over the Twin Cities to collect items for points, and may even drive you into the depths of your own closet/attic/basement for buried treasure. You will be asked to find and bring a number of objects as well as photos to our intrepid judges (who are open to bribes). Our slate of judges this year is particularly fond of chocolate and pastries.
- Registration: Register by mail using this form prior to the event or during our required check in period on Saturday between 9:30 and 10:00 am
- Place: *Event Horizon, room 107, 1121 Jackson St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
- Judging: Starts at 4:00 pm and goes until everything is counted (usually by 6:00 pm at the latest)
- Fee: $25 per team at the door; $20 per team if you pre-register before the day of the event
- Prizes: The winning team will receive four $25 gift certificates to a local Twin Cities restaurant or business
- Contact: Please email [email protected].
- Teams can be up to four members. A team may have up to two additional members if they are children 10 years or younger.
- Teams must supply a working digital camera for their own use in the competition.
- Teams must check-in between 9:30 – 10:00 am on the day of the event at Event Horizon.
- Teams must submit all items to be considered for points by 4:00 pm at Event Horizon.
- By participating and accepting the rules, you are agreeing that GPS may use your photos; publish your team name and team member(s) names online; and potentially be seen or mentioned in a video and/or other media by GPS.
We are looking for volunteers to help create the list of items. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to help!
More on the location
*Event Horizon is in the red Waterbury Building at the northwest corner of the intersection of Central and Broadway in NE Minneapolis. The parking lot is on the east side of the building. Enter by door 1121C. If you are taking the bus, the closest routes are 10 and 17. Here’s Metro Transit’s Trip Planner.