The election will be held on May 15 at the
2017 Annual Membership Meeting
Social hour starts at 6 pm, meeting at 7 pm
Event Horizon Main Hall (room 107)
1121 Jackson St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
The Waterbury Building is at the intersection of Central & Broadway
parking is on the East side of the building (between building and Central)
Enter door 1121C
Important numbers and dates
- 20 volunteer hours needed to be a voting Member and attend at least one membership meeting prior to the Annual Membership Meeting/election (Picnic and Ice Cream Social count)
- 14 years of age on or before the Annual Meeting May 15, 2017
- May 2, 2016 through May 1, 2017 – the dates that the volunteer hours need to be earned to be a voting member
- April 16 – last date to declare intent to run for a director position
- Must be a voting member in good standing
- Must legally be an adult
Need to report your volunteer hours? Fill out the GPS Volunteer Hours Form
Board Elections 2017
Three seats on the Geek Partnership Society Board of Directors are up for election in 2017. Individuals elected to the board would be responsible for existing duties until such time as redistribution can happen again.
- Director (OPEN) Currently manages Clubs, Facilities AV/IT infrastructure, and other programs and projects as needed.
- Director (OPEN) Currently manages Events, Room Parties, Project Lighthouse, Writing Contest
- Director (OPEN) Currently co-manages Programs (Project Lighthouse, Space Camp Scholarship, Writing Contest, Arts Initiative), partner relations, and other programs as needed.
The deadline to declare intent to run for any of these positions is 11:59pm April 16, 2017. If you would like more information or are interested in running, please contact the Secretary at email@example.com.
Please read and understand the following expectations of being a member of the Board of Directors for the Geek Partnership Society.
Description and Expectations of those serving on the Board of Directors
The Board of Directors are those individuals who are elected to serve by the voting membership. Listed below is a general list of expectations of those who serve on the Board of Directors.
o Are legally responsible for the organization.
o Have a fiduciary responsibility and are fiduciarily responsible and need to understand what that means.
o Are representatives and ambassadors of our organization.
o Are considered no longer a private person and are representing the organization at all times.
o Are considered on call to the organization.
o Average 200-600 hours per year working for the organization.
o Need to have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
o Need to respond to emails within 48 hours.
o Need to be somewhat comfortable with technology and/or willing to learn.
o Need to attend a vast majority of Board Meetings and other meetings of the organization. Currently board meetings are monthly.
o Need to attend all Board Summits, these are considered mandatory. Annual Directors Retreat is usually late January.
o Need to have Leadership and Management Skills.
o Need to communicate, coordinate, and manage the departments in their purview.
To be eligible for voting membership, a person must: volunteer for a minimum of 20 hours on such activities of the corporation, attend at least one membership meeting prior to the Annual Meeting of the membership, be 14 years of age on or before the Annual Meeting May 15, 2017. Candidates will be expected to attend a “Meet the Candidates” event before the election. Date and location to be announced. If you have questions about your voting status, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.